solar power system
across Kern County
Kern County, a leader in solar development, is committed to renewable energy, reducing greenhouse gas emissions and building a clean and green economy. SPG Solar and Kern County partnered in 2008 to lower operating costs and drive sustainability at the Kern County Water Agency. SPG Solar returned in 2011 to install a solar carport and a solar tracking system to deliver additional savings and bottom line benefits.
SPG Solar engineered an innovative solar carport system at the Kern County Administrative building and utilized the SPG Solar SunSeeker single axis tracker at the two other locations, generating more solar power.
- 1.16 megawatt solar tracking system at the Kern County Water Agency
- 1.13 megwatt solar tracking system at the Kern County Construction Services Administration Building
- 436 kilowatt solar carport system at the Kern County Lerdo Jail
Kern County is saving $435,850 annually from these three high performance solar power systems.
“One of the greatest validations of our work are our repeat customers. Kern County has been a great partner and is a true solar leader.” Marissa Muller, SPG Solar
Solar Power Generation
The solar tracking and solar carport systems produces over 4.8 million kilowatt hours (kWh) yearly, equivalent to powering 443 average American homes annually and providing energy during peak hours of the day, when electricity loads and prices are at their highest.
- Lower operating costs at all three locations
- Local green jobs generated
- Offsets 3,790 tons of carbon dioxide annually
- Equivalent to removing 716 cars from our congested roads yearly