solar power system
in CA and AZ
of CO2 offset annually
PepsiCo is committed to corporate sustainability and responsibility. When looking for a way to reduce energy costs and decrease greenhouse gas emissions at their distribution center, solar power became the clear choice because of the seamless ability to install it on the rooftops of their distribution centers.
Over the course of a few years, SPG Solar designed, engineered and installed 1 megawatt of solar power for PepsiCo, spanning three distribution center locations.
- 500 kW system at the Gatorade Distribution Center in Tolleson, AZ
- 294 kW system at the Quaker Sales & Distribution Center in Fullerton, CA
- 220 KW system at the Tropicana Bottling and Distribution Center in City of Industry, CA
These solar power installations have reduced PepsiCo’s operating costs and are supporting their sustainability goals.
“PepsiCo is serious about sustainability. SPG Solar delivered exactly what was promised and on time.”Tom Schaefer
Principal Engineer PepsiCo North America
Solar Power Generation
The rooftop solar power systems produces over 1.6 million kilowatt hours (kWh) yearly, equivalent to powering 142 average American homes annually and providing energy during peak hours of the day, when electricity loads and prices are at their highest.
- Lower operating costs at the distribution centers.
- Improvement of air quality and driving sustainability
- Offsets 1,219 tons of carbon dioxide annually
- Equivalent to removing 230 cars from our congested roads yearly